Sunday, September 12, 2010

Watching Those You Care About Hurting

In the last few days, it's been brought to my attention that several people I care deeply about are dealing with personal battles that are hurting them deeply. Since I'm continuing to deal with my dad's death and a new life without him around, my hurt is still very new. Compounding all that with friends hurting really just cuts me deep in my soul. It also reminds me that for those of us that are Christ-followers, this hurt and pain is only temporary. As the Carrie Underwood song says, "This is not our home." 

I'm the type person that cares for my friends and family and I care for them deeply.  When they hurt, I hurt with them. I'm also the type person that wants to help/fix things if it's in my power. Unfortunately, the hurts my friends are dealing with are things I have no control over and there's nothing I can do. I absolutely HATE knowing my hands are tied and I have to sit on the sidelines and watch them experience pain and heartache. I know that I can spend time praying to our Heavenly Father to take care of the problems and comfort my friends and I absoultely believe in the power of prayer.  I just hate not being able to do anything visible for them.

I was reading a Facebook post earlier tonight where the poster said she didn't know how people without faith in Jesus Christ made it thru the tough and trying times. I totally agree with her.  Faith is such an important part of my coping mechanism and without that faith, I would be a total basketcase, hands down.

So many people want to live in this world without Christ as their moral compass. I do not know how they deal with all the heartache and pain this world hands out to us on a regular basis.

Although there's nothing physical I can do to help, I'm praying and cheering them on as much as I possibly can. I just hope that if the time arises where I can do something, they know that I'm here and sitting on go to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment